But after some thought and some puttering around I've tried two techniques with the Liquitex inks. They work beautifully. And I am grateful for the creativity spurt they brought on.
The first technique I tried was stamping on fabric. I painted the rubber stamp with straight ink and stamped on fabric. The results weren't thrilling because the ink dried too fast. Then I tried mixing the ink with the medium, painting the rubber stamp, and I got these results. I was happy with this for a start.
Then I decided to try monoprinting. I got out a big ceramic tile kept for such experiments, and spread a smooth coating of the medium over the entire surface of the tile. Next I placed drops of Liquitex Ink in rows down the tile. I used White, Blue, Yellow, Blue, and Red. Then I added a bit of iridescents in between. Like the picture to the right.